Watching what is happening not only here in our country but in the world it really seems that we are truly doomed to never learn from history and continue to make the same mistakes leading to the same end results- either wars or depressions or both and although yes, those whose greed precipates this never ending cycle lose everything the real loser are the masses and our earth.
Imagine if instead the world actually learned history and learned how not to make the same mistakes? What if we the masses realized that we can change the outcome after all we are 99% of the worlds population and we truly do hold the real power of numbers. They say only 88 people hold over 60% of the worlds wealth and that number may be even higher now- think of it- there are over 7 billion people in our world and only 88 people hold that much wealth and 50 of those reside in our country.
Yet too much of our world lives in abject poverty and 3rd world conditions and it seems our country is intent on giving us 3rd world conditions. My question is why do we allow it? Why do we stand by all through history and not take action before it reaches wars and depressions and revolutions? If you know history then you know all the scenerios that transpire like the the French revolution and the two world wars and the great depression to mention the last few times.
So why then do we as a civilization continue to refuse to learn from history………
If like myself you have been following what is happening in the world, then you are probably as frightened as I am. With an idiot in charge of the country who uses twitter as his foreign policy and dictators like those in N.Korea and Russia then you have the start of WW3. Russia has moved artillery and misiles to the border of N.Korea and
china has also moved ships in behind the American ships and of course we have the lunatic in N. Korea who is quite eager to start a war and of course the
idiot in charge of our country is quite happy to also start a war.
Then we have faux news ready to sound the drums of war. At the same time in Turkey they are voting to give their own dictator more powers and of course their is the philliphines with their own elected idiot.
Will it come to war- I so hope not, but looking at history and watching what is happening all over the world, then the stage is certainly being set for a world war and if that happens then it has the possibility to end our civilization as the nuclear weapons will surely be used and/or EMP strikes which would shut down our whole grid including our internet and cell phones- basicly sending us back in time.
If we had a normal president and a normal congress then there would not be a chance of this happening, but nothing is normal in our country or the world.
What can we the people do about this- not really sure but we do need to be informed and prepared. Best solution would be for this whole administration and those in congress who are in collusion with the treasonous actions to be removed from office and hold a new election. Of course that would be a normal outcome and there is nothing normal about our government or for that fact our country with the trump cult followers ready to follow their ‘lord’ no matter what and a corporate owned media who salivates at the prospect of war-
I do believe though that there is still time to stop this- anyway I hope so. I have 13 grandchildren who I want to have a future and one that does not include wars.
s movend m mive he luidiohe hd ellck buts icea
I think the biggest mistake anyone can make at this time is to consider this normal. Its not normal to have a president conduct foreign policy using his twitter account. Its not normal to appoint people to cabinet positions who wish to destroy the department they now head. Its not normal to have an administration with provable ties to a foreign government and its not normal to have a party in congress who are also tied to that same foreign government and try their hardest to foil any investigations. Its not normal for a president to give over control of the military to the military and not be in control of which country to bomb and what to use. Is not normal for a president to go every weekend to a business he owns and then charge the government for the secret service for the golf carts they need to rent and then charge the government for their food and lodging and have all that money go into trump coffers. None of this is normal.
Its not enough to protest and blog and email and call our congressional
reps and senators- We need to keep saying over and over that this is not normal.
We need to take a stand and stick up for what is right and for the programs and institutions that we count on. We need to call out the media for normalizing any of this.
Its only been a hundred days and already one botched raid
on yemen and missles on Syria and the biggest bomb short of nuclear on Afghanistan and now warships on their way to N. Korea.
We are watching the most corrupt administration our country has ever seen and the destruction piece by piece of our government.
THIS IS NOT NORMAL
Peace and may your easter holiday be one of joy
Continue reading “THIS IS NOT NORMAL”
In the future historians will look back on this time much like the time of Hitler. Am I saying that trump is Hitler- no but this is a time much like then with the possibility of wars and global depression caused by a man that should never been allowed to be president. I think it says it best that when Merkel from Germany met with Trump, the media described Merkel as the head of free countries and not our idiot of a president.
Its not just our country that is going down a dark path as it started with Bruit in the UK and with the rise of right wing populists like LePen in France and the rise of ruthless dictators like Putin in Russia and Turkey and Egypt to name a few. The election in the Philippines of an idiot much like Trump also adds to the instability of our world.
The use of fear and racist feelings to govern is not new and it has been seen in the past and it never ends well.
Sometimes I just want to bury my head in my covers and ignore what is happening but of course that won’t help. Its important to resist what is happening and to use the advantages of social media and the internet which enables me to write this blog and to educate others of the coming perils of the age of Trump.
We can not be silent and we can not just sit idly by and think everything will be okay because its not okay and its only going to get worse. We can learn from history and not make the same mistakes hopefully.
Resist and join the different resistance groups available. I blog on some other sites and have joined several Facebook resistance groups. I love reading and researching so use the internet often.
For years I have sounded the alarm that we were becoming a fascist held government, but I truly hoped I was wrong. I wasn’t and in fact it appears to be speeding up and those in power are not even trying to hide it.
I believe that the reason they don’t try to hide it is because they count on faux news to placate their followers to keep them in line. We have never ever seen an election cycle that this last election was. Never have we seen our government be in collusion with a foreign power to elect a president and at the same time have a controlling power in congress actually cheer it on and refuse to even really investigate the ongoing scandal of russia and the trump administration. Just today the head of the intelligence committee said that there was no concern at the interference of russia and that instead we should be happy for their interferrence and we should be ‘friends’ with a government ruled by a ruthless dictator.
So, now the question is- what do we do now? How do we combat this and be successful? The republican party that controls not only our congress and president but also a majority of the states are downright giddy at the prospect of selling our government and country to the highest bidder and to be able to strip all money and services from the masses while they allow corporations to rape and pillage our country for their own gain.
It is theorized that it only takes 3.5% of a country’s population to effectively take down a dictator or a fascist held government like ours is. We are seeing nationwide protests but at the same time multiple states are working to make it illegal to protest. Our media is 95% owned by only 5 major media corporations and they are not in favor of the people but instead all about what is good for the wealthy few and large corporations which means that they will use propaganda and faux news to keep the people in line.
I live on the west coast so we don’t see the active destruction caused by republicans in their states but what happens in the federal government does affect us. How long till they are successful in silencing any truthful media and criminalize all protests? For myself I will continue to resist and continue to join with like-minded people to continue sounding the alarm. Hitler gained complete power within 5 months and in only less than 2 months look at what has already transpired under trump and our republican held congress.
We can’t give up or allow our voice to be silenced and we must keep trying to educate those that are in a bubble of faux news and propaganda and continue to resist.
I found the following posting on my Facebook feed and it really spoke to me so I thought I would pass it on:
This is a calling like none we have ever seen before in the history of our country. It is not a calling of conservatives, liberals or independents, but of all Americans. A calling for Americans of all backgrounds, ages, and races to rise in defense of one America. Throughout our history we have fought many battles and defeated external threats to our republic and democracy. For the first time in our history we are faced with an internal threat from our own president. An internal threat from a president who refuses to release his tax returns because it would expose his lies and corruption. A president whose vindictive narcissism determines his every word, action and tweet. A president and an administration that would stoke the fires of hate, anger and fear in turning us against each other to create a vacuum void of hope they would fill with authoritarianism and a dictatorship.
Let us not forget who we are. We are Americans and everything it means to be an American. We are mostly a nation of immigrants and our strength has always been in our diversity. Upon that common ground we embrace the core values of our Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Our love of freedom has always been the bond that has held us together, moved us forward and made us unique. Our power has always been our belief, faith and commitment that we are one nation where all people are created equal with liberty and justice for all.
The loss of all of this and who we are can and will happen as it has in other cultures if we do not heed the call. “United we stand, divided we fall.” has never rung more true. Rise. Rise up. Answer the call. ~ Gary Borgnis, #ChooseTruthOverTrump, #Resist, #Persist, #AnswerTheCall (Feel free to copy, paste and share my post.)
Now more than ever we need to band together and fight to keep our country . It only took Hitler 5 months after he was duly elected by the people for him to take control as a dictator.
Not even 3 weeks into the trump administration and his flurry of executive orders and his relentless twitters are causing chaos all around the world. We are watching our country devolve into a fascist held dictatorship and it appears there is no way to stop it.
Yes we are protesting all over the nation but they are making those protests out to be paid for and disgruntled losers. We are watching congress pass bill after bill to tear down our government. After the farce of a confirmation of Betsy devos, immediately a republican introduced a bill to eliminate the department of education and last friday the same republican introduced a bill to eliminate the environmental protection agency.
The outright corruption of this administration is disgusting in itself but the republicans who are ignoring it are worse. I am very worried for our country.
What then can we do? Anyone who knows history can see clearly what is happening. I thought it would be good to include the 14 defining characteristics of fascism. So here it is:
Characteristics Of Fascism
By Dr. Lawrence Britt
Source Free Inquiry.co
- Dr. Lawrence Britt has examined the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American regimes. Britt found 14 defining characteristics common to each:
- 1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism – Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
- 2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights – Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of “need.” The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.
- 3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause – The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.
- 4. Supremacy of the Military – Even when there are widespread
- domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
- 5. Rampant Sexism – The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.
- 6. Controlled Mass Media – Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.
- 7. Obsession with National Security – Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
- 8. Religion and Government are Intertwined – Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government’s policies or actions.
- 9. Corporate Power is Protected – The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
- 10. Labor Power is Suppressed – Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.
- 11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts – Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.
- 12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment – Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
- 13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption – Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
- 14. Fraudulent Elections – Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
- From Liberty Forum